Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Back in Routine

What a crazy few weeks it has been!  Started off with my hubby taking a fall and breaking his shoulder blade.  Yikes!  Lot's of shuttling him and the kids around has caused me to fall behind in my blog posts. But, I am back to reading again and will be posting a review very soon.

The reading bug has caught up to our daughter.  Her only request for her upcoming 9th birthday is a Kindle.  So, looks like a new generation of avid readers is on the horizon.  She absolutely devours books.

One thing that I love about reviewing is that I am trying out new-to-me authors.  I am definitely a creature of habit.  Typically, I will find a few authors whose work I love.  I then buy and read everything they publish.  One librarian once told me that I am a difficult person to recommend books to.  I definitely have a set idea of what I like.  Doing the reviews, I am finding that there are a lot of authors out there who write books that I thoroughly enjoy.

Something that has been mentioned to me is the lack of negative reviews on my blog.  There is a reason for that.  If I really don't like a book, I will send the review directly to the publisher through a review site.  I have often read bad reviews for books that I totally loved.   I have also had the experience of reading a review of an author I was unfamiliar with, then not purchasing the book based upon that review.  I would not want to have someone possibly not purchase a book based upon something that I wrote.  What I will be doing in the future however is make a suggestion for books I haven't liked.  If in doubt on whether you would like a book, rent it from the library first,  Then, if you like it, buy the book to add to your home library or eReader.


No comments:

Post a Comment